Friday, June 05, 2009

"And nobody could stop me!"


We have almost enough funding to send ten of our Youth Group kids to Outpost @ Calvin Crest. Thank you to those of you who have given, and are making it possible to open a child's heart and mind to what God has in store for them.

Below is a poem written by one of our youn
g girls after a week at Outpost:

As I step off this grounds
of Outpost
and camp
I'm amazed that
I actually got
this chance.
To do things I'
ve never done Before.
And get closer to God then I
Use
to.
The food here i
s good, and the songs were too
as I stood.
I will never forg
et this week.
It will stay with me forever.
The fun part is w
hen I got to do
this with the people that came together.
This trip taught m
e to let go of my
fear
s.
The rock climb I thought I couldn't do.
..
I did.
The swing that m
ade me feel like I was
flying AND NOBODY COULD STOP ME
!
So as I step off this ground,
I THANK everybod
y who was here, and
Everyone who was around.

--Tamik
a
Dedicated to staff, & people who cooked in the
cafeteria

Please consider giving to this fund or covering one child ($175.00).

You can make a difference. A child will be blessed.

His,

Jamie Barker, Director

send checks (marked 'camp fund') to:

Dakota House
5132 N. Palm #62
Fresno, CA 93704